What is the best anti aging skin care regimen? There isn’t one best anti aging skin care regimen for everyone. There are four different skin types. From your skin type, you can make the best anti aging skin care regimen for your skin. If you don’t know your skin type, click here to find out.
Your anti aging skin care regimen will also depend on your age. Love your skin and I promise you, your skin will appreciate and love you back.
To make it easier for you, I will discus it in two categories; age, and skin types. From both, you are going to find out the best anti aging skin care regimen for yourself.
The best Anti aging skin care regimen by age
The best skin care tips for your 20’s
You are hitting your mid 20’s and start thinking of being serious with skin care? That is a very good decision. If you are not sure of where to start or how to go about it, don’t worry, I have your back. Below are some good advises to help you. At your 20’s you are still young, your skin regeneration is very active and fast.
Laying down some skin care regimen early enough will help your skin stay younger and enable quick regeneration even in the next coming decade(s). Furthermore, starting early will help you be disciplined with your skin care regimen.
Start these simple regimen now, you are going to preserve that beautiful youthful glow.
- Face cleanse: cleansing before bed is non-negotiable. Make up rests will not only destroy your skin, but also lead to premature lines and wrinkles.
- moisturizer: Now is the time to be responsible if you want to keep that wrinkle free face. Don’t forget to apply a moisturizer twice a day, preferable in the morning and before going to bed.
- Acne treatment: The breakout treatments you’ve been using during your teens may be too aggressive. Your skin has changed and has other needs. It’s time to switch to a less drying routine. Don’t over-dry your skin with the usual over-the-counter treatments. Consider getting a milder one.
- Use a sunscreen: Sun is the number one cause of external skin aging. You should be using SPF 15 to 30, because much more than that is just marketing.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliating is going to stimulate your skin in order for it to repair itself. I recommend doing it at least 2 times in a week.
- Eye cream: The skin around your eyes is so thin and gentle, You should apply a hydrating eye cream at least once a day to keep fine wrinkles at bay.This Eye cream is pocket friendly and does exactly what it promises. With over 200 customer reviews you can never go wrong.
The best skin care tips for your 30’s
If you have been practicing your skin care regimen religiously through your 20’s, You most likely will not see a radical change in your skin. So you have done a good job.
If you haven’t had any skin care regimen, no need to worry, it’s still not too late, you can start as soon as today.
At your 30’s the number of cells turnover starts to decrease, but if you practice the advises below, your skin is going to continue regenerating as if you were still in your 20’s.
- Face cleanse: You want to pick a cleansing oil. With years, you want to be even gentler with your skin. A cleansing oil or balm dissolves make-up within seconds.
- Think Retinol: As you age, your skin regenerates even more slowly. Retinol is going to slow down the aging process of your skin. Retinol also has anti acne properties, so if you are still suffering from acne,think of buying products with retinol.
- Get to Know Glycolic Acid: It safely removes the outer layer of dead skin cells on your skin, bringing fresh, new skin to the surface. Glycolic acid can also help lighten discoloration of the skin, such as sun spots or age spots, and help those with acne-prone and blackhead-prone skin. Don’t forget to use sunscreen when using products with glycolic acid, since your skin will be prone to sun damage.
- Think antioxidants: Products rich in antioxidants help prevent premature aging by preventing the oxidative damage that occurs with UV exposure and environmental pollution.
- Bentonite clay mask: This clay mask clay masks unclogs the skin pores and shrinks them, controls the overproduction of oil on the face and leaves your skin soft. It also suitable for all skin types.
The best skin care tips for your 40’s
40 is the new 30, or at least if you have been following a skin care regimen. You can still be 40 and slay that body like you were ten years younger.
If you haven’t been following any skin care regimen, no worries. You can still catch up if you follow the advises below.
- Cleanser: Whether you do wear makeup daily or not, it’s crucial to dedicate some time every day to thoroughly clean your face, preferably with a creamy cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural moisture.
- Upgrade to a serum: I recommend using a serum rich in antioxidants, like vitamin C or E, or epidermal growth factors to help stimulate collagen production. This will repair and protect your skin.
- Exfoliate more: Dead skin cells are slower to slough off and they pile up contributing to dryness and dull tone and even accentuate existing spots and wrinkles. I recommend exfoliating 3-5 times in a week.
- Add a night cream: Your days of one moisturizer are over: You have officially joined the legions of women who use night cream. Night creams won’t be absorbed by your skin as quickly as most day lotions, and they’re usually much richer in texture hence moisturizing your skin at night as it regenerates.
- Drink plenty of water: This is not a myth. It really works, maybe not overnight, but those who regularly drink up to 2 liters or more of water have healthier skin. Water keeps your skin hydrated and supple. And I mean water not sugary drinks.
The best skin care tips for your 50’s and above
The decade of collagen loss and sagging skin has just started. Menopause affects nearly every woman in her 50s, and its onset is coupled with a steady decline in estrogen, which causes collagen production to drop off sharply and the skin to become significantly drier.
- Invest in a neck firming cream: You don’t want to look younger on your face while your neck reveals a different age. That is why I recommend using an anti aging neck cream.
- Apply eye cream: Religiously apply eye cream. It is just as important as using a sunscreen. The screen around your eyes is the most thin skin and is prone to wrinkles. Applying eye cream every night can keep the wrinkles at bay.
- Beauty sleep: This is the most important, yet doesn’t you money. Having a good quality sleep will not only make you fresher in the morning, but is also anti aging, and no, it’s not a myth.
- Exfoliate more: Dead skin cells are slower to slough off and they pile up contributing to dryness and dull tone and even accentuate existing spots and wrinkles. I recommend exfoliating 4-5 times in a week.
- Drink lots and lots of water: Water will keep your skin hydrated and supple. And I mean water not sugary drinks. Drink at least 2 liters of water a day.