Dry skin type
Dry skin type is characterized by cracking, peeling, itchiness, irritation and or inflammation. If it’s very dry, it can become rough and scaly. Most noticeable part is the back of your hands arms and legs. Dry skin can feel tight throughout the day, and may experience noticeable flaking.
causes of dry skin
You might have dry skin naturally, but these factors are likely to cause your skin to dry if you have a normal or oily skin.
- Too frequent baths, using very hot water, and using aggressive soaps for your body.
- Seasons- autumn and winter will cause your skin to dry because the humidity level is relatively low.
- Medical conditions- people who have had eczema or contact dermatitis before are likely to have a dry skin.
- Age- as you age, your pores naturally produce less oil, raising your risk of dry skin.
- Hormonal changes ,mostly in women.
- Weather changes like sun, cold and wind.
- Indoor heating.
dry skin care
- minimize bathing time.
- don’t shower with very hot water.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Apply moisturizer immediately after taking a shower.
- Use mild gentle soaps.
- Use a humidifier, and don’t let indoor temperatures get too hot.
- Use gloves when cleaning using aggressive detergents.
- Don’t scrub while bathing or drying your skin.